All our healthcare partners will need to be equipped with the latest skills and knowledge if we are going to collectively push the boundaries of innovation and continuously enhance our services.
Through our West of England Academy we offer professionals a range of such support, which to date has included:
- Our range of toolkits to spread best practice and effect positive change;
- A wide range of learning events from patient safety collaborative workshops to quality improvement events;
- A leadership series for our Clinical Commissioning Groups and our Evidence Fellows to look at how evidence and evaluation can be incorporated into governance structures;
- A capacity building programme for our primary care and community services team;
- Provision of 500 licences for professionals to undertake online training at the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s Open School;
- The introduction of a Healthcare Innovation Programme for budding innovators within our area’s health and life sciences sector