Patients and the public are key to shaping our service delivery. That is why we are bringing them together with health and social care providers and industry to inform our practices as well as support new innovative developments.
We have developed a toolkit to help you in your improvement work this is available to download for free.
The West of England AHSN is a founding member of People in Health West of England (PHWE), designed to provide a coordinated approach to public involvement in the region. Find out more at www.phwe.org.uk.
There are two representatives for patient and public views on our board of directors, meaning that there is a voice from outside the healthcare community involved in the network’s projects to improve patient care and overall experience.
Patient and public involvement has included:
- parents helping in the production of a leaflet for mothers facing pre-term births, ensuring the text was worded in a way that was helpful for mums and providing pictures of their pre-term babies
- participation in consultation to help ensure adherence to medicine prescriptions
- a project to develop materials and toolkits to help prevent atrial fibrillation-related strokes
Patient and public involvement in action:
- 3 major projects have benefitted from direct involvement of our public contributors this years
- 11 public contributors recruited to co-develop our work programme.