The West of England AHSN has partnered with Wessex AHSN and Wiltshire Council to bring an Innovation Accelerator Programme for small and medium-sized enterprises in the Health and Life Science sector. The programme aims to support businesses through research, development and innovation activities with fully funded resources.
The Swindon and Wiltshire Health and Life Science Innovation Hub has received £500,000 funding from the European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020 www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding.
A summary of the programme can be found in our Innovation Hub information flyer.
Contact Kate.Phillips@weahsn.net to discuss joining the Innovation Hub.
Why join the Innovation Hub?
- Advice and mentoring from the West of England AHSN on taking your healthcare innovation forward.
- Support with successfully bringing healthcare innovations to the market through our Health Innovation Programme.
- Opportunity to get two days of specialised health sector advice and professional services in:
- Accountancy and Finance
- Intellectual Property
- Product Design and Launch
- Compliance and Technical Assistance
- Healthcare Business Mentoring
- Funding Support
- Opportunity to apply for a match funded grant to support the growth of your business.
Who can join the Innovation Hub?
To apply for these resources companies must meet one of the three criteria below:
- Companies that are based in the Swindon Wiltshire LEP area
- Companies that are actively considering relocating to the LEP region
- Companies working to develop new products in partnership with Life Science organisations in the LEP region
Eligible companies will be working in the Health and Life Sciences or related key Sectors, where there is a clear link to Health and Life Sciences
Related Key Sectors including but not limited to:
• Digital – ‘Information economy’
• Advanced Engineering and High Value Manufacturing
• Environmental Technologies (in particular energy)
• Military and Defence
≥ The applicant must have a business or be an individual entrepreneur with a registered business
≥ Businesses in difficulty as defined under state aid rules on rescue and restructuring will not be eligible to apply.
If you are interested in joining the Innovation Hub please contact Kate.Phillips@weahsn.net.