The West of England AHSN has partnered with Wessex AHSN and Wiltshire Council to bring an Innovation Accelerator Programme for small and medium-sized enterprises in the Health and Life Science sector. The programme aims to support businesses through research, development and innovation activities with fully funded resources.
The Swindon and Wiltshire Health and Life Science Innovation Hub has received £500,000 funding from the European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020 www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding.
A summary of the programme can be found in our Innovation Hub information flyer.
Contact Kate.Phillips@weahsn.net to discuss joining the Innovation Hub.
Why join the Innovation Hub?
- Advice and mentoring from the West of England AHSN on taking your healthcare innovation forward.
- Support with successfully bringing healthcare innovations to the market through our Health Innovation Programme.
- Opportunity to get two days of specialised health sector advice and professional services in:
- Accountancy and Finance
- Intellectual Property
- Product Design and Launch
- Compliance and Technical Assistance
- Healthcare Business Mentoring
- Funding Support
- Opportunity to apply for a match funded grant to support the growth of your business.
Who can join the Innovation Hub?
- Businesses registered in England and operating in the Swindon or Wiltshire Unitary Authority areas, or are actively engaged with either the Wessex AHSN or West of England AHSN and will deliver an economic benefit that will be beneficial to the Swindon or Wiltshire Unitary Authority areas. More details about this geographic boundary can be found on the Swindon and Wiltshire Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) website.
- Businesses that can identify themselves as operating in the following sectors:
- Medical/Digital Technology
- Medical Biotechnology
- Industrial Biotechnology
- The applicant must have a business or an individual entrepreneur with a registered business
- Businesses in difficulty as defined under state aid rules on rescue and restructuring will not be eligible to apply.
If you are interested in joining the Innovation Hub please contact Kate.Phillips@weahsn.net.