Watch the recording below of the one hour interactive online workshop delivered by the West of England Academy to equip you with skills for leading change programmes and bringing your team along on the journey.
Miss Rebecca Winterborn shares her experiences of leading teams through change and the skills, tools and theories that she uses in her role as a Consultant Vascular Surgeon and Clinical Lead.
• Understand how to engage with and motivate people to bring about change
• Understand the value of authenticity in leadership
• Improve confidence to lead your team through a change programme
Join in with the activity at 19:03 to create a vision statement with your team and take part in the reflective exercises to consider the value of authentic leadership and psychological safety.
To find out more about Miss Rebecca Winterborn you can follower her twitter @Becsjlittle
Join Miss Rebecca Winterborn as she reflects on using Kotter’s 8 Step Model for leading change to underpin the setting up of a Covid virtual ward.
Here are links to some further resources that were discussed in the session:
- Listen to Brené Brown talking about The Gifts of Imperfection.
- Read The Health Foundation paper, How can leaders influence a safety culture? It is an interesting guide to safety culture in the workplace.
- Find out more about Kotter’s Theory.
- Michael West, visiting fellow at the King’s Fund, has some interesting blogs on leadership.
- This guide from NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement talks more about SBAR- Situation, Background, Assessment and Recommendation.
- Watch the dancing man again, for inspiration on starting a movement and because it’s fun!