The Evaluation Online Network is a virtual group for anyone interested in evaluation, with no membership criteria.
It was set up in 2016 by the West of England AHSN and CLAHRC West to promote and support evaluation in health services in the West of England and beyond, with the aim of becoming a self-sustaining peer support group. Since April 2018 it has been co-led by the West of England AHSN and the University of the West of England (UWE).
Content is posted at least monthly covering many practical and theoretical aspects of evaluation such as:
- Theory & design – rigorous and pragmatic; deciding on your methodology; realist; application of theory of change;
- Economic evaluation – application of;
- Qualitative methods – rapid and pragmatic approaches
- Engagement – engaging stakeholders with evaluation; tools for engagement; patient & user involvement; meaningful PPI engagement;
- Practicalities – evaluating without a budget; proxies for baseline data; tips and tricks for process evaluation
- Real-life examples – contributions from members
- Dissemination and Impact
- Information – funding sources; learning opportunities; conferences & networking.
Some members use the network to support their evaluation work with questions and discussion, although there is no obligation to contribute. Evaluation-related vacancies, training and tenders are also shared and past posts can be accessed via the web interface. Members can unsubscribe themselves from the network at any time.
The Evaluation Online Network’s charter explains the ‘what, why and how’ of the network in more detail.
If you are interested in discussing key themes around evaluation or learning more, join the network by emailing Jo Bangoura on email@example.com