Our regional medicines optimisation programme aims to help patients get the maximum benefit from their medicines, ensure medicines use is as safe as possible and reduce waste. Our regional work, compliments the ambitions of national Medicines Safety Improvement Programme (known as MedSIP).
We are advised and supported by our Medicines Safety Steering Group, which is made up of representatives from acute trusts, commissioners, community providers, mental health trusts, local pharmaceutical committees and other regional stakeholders that support the delivery of our work.
Click on the links below to find out more information about our current projects:
- Improving chronic pain management by reducing harm from opioids: Medicines Safety Improvement Programme
- Helping patients take their medicines safely: Medicines Compliance Aids (MCAs)
- Polypharmacy: Getting the Balance Right
The following medicines projects are no longer active, but the resources and toolkits may be of use:
- Electronic Repeat Dispensing (known as eRD)
- Quality improvement for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians
- Transfer of care around medicines
Wessex AHSN have produced a series of videos under the ‘Meet Mo’ campaign’ to encourage people, who may be struggling with medicines, to seek help.
The first Mo video was produced to encourage patients who take several types of medicine to book a review with their local pharmacist.
Get in touch
For more information, please contact Senior Project Manager, Christopher Learoyd.
You can also sign-up to receive our monthly newsletter.