Here is guidance from NHS England, for front line staff in all clinical settings, to support patients with a learning disability, autism, or both during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Here is guidance from the Department of Health & Social Care for care staff supporting adults with learning disabilities and autistic adults, during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Guidance from the government on shielding and protecting people defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable.
NHS England and NHS Improvement have published a wide range of COVID-19 documents and resources. These are designed to support carers, practitioners and clinicians who care for people with learning disabilities who have (or are suspected of having) COVID-19.
- Grab and Go Guide
- Supporting patients of all ages who are unwell with COVID 19 in mental health, learning disabilities and autism
- Clinical guide for front line staff to support the management of patients with a learning disability, autism or both during the coronavirus pandemic
- Care (Education) and Treatment Reviews during the coronavirus outbreak – My CETR Planner
- Legal guidance for mental health, learning disability and autism and spec comm services, supporting people of all ages
- Workforce guidance for mental health, learning disabilities and autism, and specialised commissioning services during the coronavirus pandemic
- Managing capacity and demand within Inpatient & Community Mental Health (MH), Learning Disabilities and Autism services for all ages
- GP letter regarding shielding measures for MH/LDA patients in high risk groups
- Guidance letter issued to primary care on the use of DNACPR in patients with a learning disability
- COVID 19 guide for carers and family supporting adults and children with learning disabilities or autism
- Easy read guidance advice to staff supporting people with a learning disability or autistic people
- COVID 19 guide for social workers and occupational therapists supporting adults with learning disabilities or autistic adults
- COVID 19 guide for care staff supporting adults with learning disabilities or autistic adults
- COVID 19 personal protective equipment (PPE) guidance
- PHE easy read: keeping your mind and body well
- An easy read version of the shielding guidance
- Admission and Care of Patients during COVID 19 Incident in a Care Home
- COVID 19: Our Action Plan for Adult Social Care