We held a Maternal Neonatal Safety Improvement Programme (MatNeoSIP) webinar on the 30 July 2020. You can watch the MatNeoSIP webinar recording here.
To support our colleagues who work in Maternity and Neonatal (MatNeo) services, we have gathered key safety messages and information resources, to use during the COVID-19 pandemic. For non-COVID-19 related MatNeo information, please visit our MatNeoSIP pages.
Key safety messages
- You will find key safety messages relating to maternity and neonatal care also on the SW Neonatal Network website.
- Information on CO monitoring and fetal growth surveillance during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Guidelines from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, on COVID-19 and pregnancy.Updated advice from the Royal College of Midwives for pregnant healthcare workers, and employers, during COVID-19.
- An article from the Society of Radiographers on Obstetric ultrasound examinations during COVID-19.
An initial survey carried out by Women’s Aid in April 2020, confirmed that Covid-19 had impacted on the experiences of women experiencing domestic abuse.
How to stay up to date
Follow this link for general information and further links regarding COVID-19, from NHS England and NHS Improvement
The Maternity Transformation Programme provides a regular bulletin with Maternity news and useful links. You can sign up to receive this bulletin here.
Staff training resources
- E-Learning for health has learning resources for all heathcare staff regarding COVID-19
- Practical Obstetric Multi-Professional Training (PROMPT) have many learning resources on Obstetrics during COVID-19
- PROMPT also has a COVID-19 Maternity newsletter.
Patient information resources
- A YouTube video from NHS England on “Your Pregnancy and Coronavirus”
- Advice if you’re pregnant and worried about COVID-19, from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologist
- A library of Maternity videos from Health and Care Innovations
- A library of Maternity videos from Torbay and South Devon NHS Trust