We held a Maternal Neonatal Safety Improvement Programme (MatNeoSIP) webinar on the 30 July 2020. You can watch a recording here.
To support our colleagues who work in Maternity and Neonatal (MatNeo) services, we have gathered key safety messages and information resources, to use during the COVID-19 pandemic. For non-COVID-19 related MatNeo information, please visit our MatNeoSIP pages.
Key safety messages
- You will find key safety messages relating to maternity and neonatal care also on the SW Neonatal Network website.
- Information on CO monitoring and fetal growth surveillance during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Guidelines from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, on COVID-19 and pregnancy.Updated advice from the Royal College of Midwives for pregnant healthcare workers, and employers, during COVID-19.
- An article from the Society of Radiographers on Obstetric ultrasound examinations during COVID-19.
An initial survey carried out by Women’s Aid in April 2020, confirmed that Covid-19 had impacted on the experiences of women experiencing domestic abuse.
How to stay up to date
Follow this link for general information and further links regarding COVID-19, from NHS England and NHS Improvement
The Maternity Transformation Programme provides a regular bulletin with Maternity news and useful links. You can sign up to receive this bulletin here.
Staff training resources
- E-Learning for health has learning resources for all heathcare staff regarding COVID-19
- Practical Obstetric Multi-Professional Training (PROMPT) have many learning resources on Obstetrics during COVID-19
- PROMPT also has a COVID-19 Maternity newsletter.
Patient information resources
- A YouTube video from NHS England on “Your Pregnancy and Coronavirus”
- Advice if you’re pregnant and worried about COVID-19, from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologist
- A library of Maternity videos from Health and Care Innovations
- A library of Maternity videos from Torbay and South Devon NHS Trust