To support our colleagues who work in Maternity and Neonatal (MatNeo) services, we have gathered key safety messages and information resources in relation to COVID-19 and the COVID-19 vaccination. For non-COVID-19 related MatNeo information, please visit our MatNeo Safety Improvement Programme webpages.
Key safety messages
- You will find key safety messages relating to maternity and neonatal care also on the SW Neonatal Network website.
- Information on CO monitoring and fetal growth surveillance during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Guidelines from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, on COVID-19 and pregnancy.
- A COVID-19 information hub from the Royal College of Midwives. This includes advice for maternity staff and pregnant women.
- Vaccine guidance for pregnant women from the Royal College of Midwives.
An initial survey carried out by Women’s Aid in April 2020, confirmed that Covid-19 had impacted on the experiences of women experiencing domestic abuse.
How to stay up to date
Follow this link for general information and further links regarding COVID-19, from NHS England and NHS Improvement
The Maternity Transformation Programme provides a regular bulletin with Maternity news and useful links. You can sign up to receive this bulletin here.
Staff training resources
- E-Learning for health has learning resources for all heathcare staff regarding COVID-19
- Practical Obstetric Multi-Professional Training (PROMPT) have many learning resources on Obstetrics during COVID-19
- PROMPT also has a COVID-19 Maternity newsletter.
Patient information resources
- Important information (from NHS England) to keep you safe while isolating at home (Suspected COVID-19): includes advice for pregnant women and those who have recently given birth
- Advice if you’re pregnant and worried about COVID-19, from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologist (RCOG)
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding, fertility and coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination information from NHS England
- Vaccine guidance for pregnant women from the Royal College of Midwives (RCM)
- A decision aid tool for COVID-19 vaccine in pregnancy (produced by the RCOG/RCM)
- A library of Maternity videos from Health and Care Innovations
- A library of Maternity videos from Torbay and South Devon NHS Trust
Get in touch
For more information on our Maternity and Neonatal work and events, please contact our Patient Safety Team.
You can also sign-up to receive our MatNeo newsletter, which is sent every other month, by completing the form below: