Apply for up to £20,000 in match funding through the Innovation Hub
Do you need additional funding to get your healthcare innovation off the ground in 2019?
Apply now for up to £20,000 match funding and a range of business support opportunities through the Swindon and Wiltshire Health and Life Science Innovation Hub. This fund can help pay for new equipment, consultancy services, running an evaluation or renting lab or office space. Funds must be spent on innovation in the life sciences field.
In addition to the funding, the Innovation Hub offers tailored business development support, including:
- Advice and mentoring from the West of England AHSN on taking your healthcare innovation forward.
- Support with successfully bringing healthcare innovations to the market through our Health Innovation Programme.
- Opportunity to get two days of specialised health sector advice and professional services in:
- Accountancy and Finance – delivered by Oxford Innovation Services
- Intellectual Property – delivered by i2r Medical
- Product Design and Launch – delivered by i2r Medical
- Compliance and Technical Assistance – delivered by i2r Medical
- Healthcare Business Mentoring – delivered by Bristol Ventures
- Funding Support – delivered by Brookskebbey
Applications for the grant close on 29 March 2019.
Contact Kate.Phillips@weahsn.net to discuss the application process and eligibility criteria.
About the Swindon and Wiltshire Health and Life Science Innovation Hub
The Swindon and Wiltshire Health and Life Science Innovation Hub is a partnership between the West of England AHSN, Wessex AHSN and Wiltshire Council. Through the Hub, we support small and medium-sized enterprises in the health and life science sector through research, development and innovation activities with fully funded resources.
The Hub has received £500,000 funding from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020.
Who can join the Innovation Hub?
To apply for these resources companies must be either situated in, operating in or planning to relocate to the Swindon or Wiltshire area.
Eligible companies will be working in the health and life sciences or related key sectors, where there is a clear link to health and life sciences. Related key sectors include (but are not limited to):
• Digital: ‘information economy’
• Advanced engineering and high value manufacturing
• Environmental technologies (in particular energy)
• Military and defence
The applicant must have a business or be an individual entrepreneur with a registered business.
Businesses in difficulty as defined under state aid rules on rescue and restructuring will not be eligible to apply.
If you are interested in joining the Innovation Hub or applying for funding please contact Kate.Phillips@weahsn.net
A summary of the programme can be found in our Innovation Hub information flyer.