Our work to help prevent atrial fibrillation (AF)-related strokes through the Don’t Wait to Anticoagulate project has been recognised as best practice in the Healthcare Pioneers report.
The report has been developed by the AF Association and endorsed by the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Atrial Fibrillation (APGAF).
The Healthcare Pioneers report identifies best practice in the diagnosis, treatment and care of patients with atrial fibrillation (AF) and is used as a benchmark across CCGs to improve on how they deliver their services.
The Healthcare Pioneers 2017 winners are:
- Stephen Ray, West of England Academic Health Science Network
- Angela Hall, The Jersey Heart Rhythm Service
- Hannah Oatley, Oxford Academic Health Science Network
- Pauline Mairs, Isle of Wight CCG & INRStar
- Simon Thomas, Keele University
- Vinit Sawhey, Barts Health Centre
- Zainab Khanbhai and Wajid Hussain, Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Trust
- Hounslow AF Group
- Jassir Javaid, Nottingham
Find out more on the AF Association’s website.
Posted on November 11, 2016