The Healthcare Innovation Programme (HIP) course is led by the West of England AHSN and supported by SETsquared.
Many entrepreneurs find the NHS business landscape difficult to navigate – that’s why we’ve created a training programme specifically addressing the needs of healthcare innovators and covering core skills in entrepreneurship. We’ve done this in partnership with SETsquared, the global no.1 university business incubator.
An intensive four-day personal development course, our Healthcare Innovation Programme has been running since 2015, delivering high quality coaching, mentoring and personal development support.
Applications are now closed for our 2017 programme. Got any questions:See if it’s listed in our FAQs
If you are interested in our 2018 programme, please contact: Urszula Kapoulas at: Urszula.Kapoulas@weahsn.net or call 0117 900 2604 for more information.
Who are the course tutors?
The course is led by the West of England AHSN and supported by SETsquared.
As a network organisation bringing together the health and care sector with industry and academia, the West of England AHSN is brilliant at helping innovators navigate their way through the complexity of the NHS.
SETsquared has extensive experience in delivering training in entrepreneurship and small business incubation.hat does the course cover?
You will have the opportunity to build core skills in entrepreneurship, including:
- customer analysis
- building a business case
- funding strategies
- market analysis.
The course will provide:
- an opportunity to make a compelling pitch to an experienced panel
- a great way to network with like-minded innovators
- a friendly environment to try-out your ideas
- a chance to get continuing support from us to further develop your proposition.
Who should attend
Those working in the West of England with innovative business propositions that have real potential for health and care. This could be a product or service already in development or simply the germ of an idea but the concept must be realisable into a sustainable business model/proposition and you will need to be genuinely passionate about taking your proposition forward.
To be eligible you need to be:
- a healthcare professional or academic employed by one of the West of England AHSN’s member organisations (NHS providers, CCGs and universities);
- a public contributor involved in one of these organisation;
- a Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) or micro-business.