Friday 13 October
Location: Online - MS Teams
Organised by: West of England AHSN
You want to keep your residents safe and healthy. Research has shown that spotting when someone is unwell can be particularly difficult in a care home setting, and sadly this means opportunities to help people at an early stage may be missed. Particularly now, with concerns of COVID-19, we all want to make sure that any illness or cause of deterioration is spotted quickly, so people can get the right care for them.
Who is this training for?
- Staff with a responsibility for cascading training within care settings and or/ those with an interest in acquiring facilitation skills to enable them train others in RESTORE2
- GPs, care home support teams
- Clinical skills trainers, or other staff with a training role
- Nurses, AHPs and other healthcare professionals working in care providers
What will I learn?
- Refresh your existing knowledge of RESTORE2 and its use in practice
- How to prepare for a training session (practicalities)
- How to train others on RESTORE2 (content delivery)
Free, bite-sized training, an opportunity to ask questions and share with your peers.
You will leave with practical next steps and more confidence in supporting your residents and your team.
Each session is:
2 hours long (including a break) with optional Q&A session afterwards
- Held online through a Zoom video call
- Up-to-date with emerging guidance and good practice
- Interactive with livestreamed learning
- Includes short-quality assured videos made specially for the care home sector
- Plus plenty of wrap around support to answer your questions and concerns
All training materials are provided and videos are freely available for you to use in your own home.
Please note it is a requirement for you to have attended a RESTORE2 Full or Mini session in order to join this training.
Case studies you may like
Building on the AHSN’s leadership of national projects to support the management of deterioration including New Early Warning Score (NEWS2) and ED Safety Checklist, since December 2019 free RESTORE2 training has been delivered to thousands of care staff across the region. Originally created by Hampshire, Southampton and Isle of Wight CCG, RESTORE2 is an escalation…Read more
Other events of interest
Date: 15/10/2015 | Time: 09:30 - 16:30