With the pressures on the NHS making news headlines every winter, it is time to engage in serious preparation work to ensure that hospital corridors will not serve as impromptu wards this winter. This event, run by The King’s Fund and the British Red Cross, will highlight ways in which the health and social care system can come together to ensure that every patient receives the right care for them.
Learn about practical solutions and hear about new developments from:
- expert consultants from The King’s Fund who help NHS trusts to develop their skills in relationship-building
- NHS Improvement’s plans to transform patient flow with new policy interventions
- the Care Quality Commission and the findings from their local systems reviews, to learn which measures work in practice and what mistakes can be avoided
- mental health professionals, who explain why some complaints seem somatic but are often not and why A&E is not the appropriate place for treatment
- the role of technology in providing innovative solutions to designing the patient journey
- the practical solutions implemented by the British Red Cross that prevent hospital re-admission with minimal spending
- the National Housing Federation’s discussion on the role of housing in facilitating discharge and linking hospitals with the delivery of social care.