30/11/2016|Time: 09:00 - 17:00
Location: Hallam Conference Centre, London
Organised by: Healthcare Conferences UK
Tel: 01932 429933
Chaired by Dr Chris Roseveare Consultant in Acute and General Medicine at Lymington New Forest Hospital, this one day conference focuses on recognising and responding to the deteriorating patient through improving the reliability of patient observations and ensuring quality of care to reduce failure to rescue of acutely ill patients.
Chris Hancock Programme Managerat 1000 Lives Plus opens the conference with a National Update on developments and improving the effectiveness of the National Early Warning Score (NEWS), there will also be a focus on implementing the patient safety alert and toolkit on supporting safer care of deteriorating patients released in July 2016.
Topics being discussed:
- Improving care for deteriorating patients and improving the effectiveness of NEWS in an NHS Trust
- Identification of patients at risk of deterioration
- Improving the percentage of deteriorating patients who triggered an appropriate response
- Improving the communication of NEWS at the interface of care: learning from a patient safety collaborative
- The Acutely Unwell Adults Project: Cardiac Arrests as Never Events!
- The deteriorating patient and Sepsis
Speakers will include:
- Anne Pullyblank Clinical Director for Patient Safety, West of England AHSN
- Ellie Wetz Patient Safety Improvement Lead Safer Care through NEWS, West of England AHSN
- Dr Chris Roseveare Consultant in Acute and General Medicine Lymington New Forest Hospital
- Chris Hancock Programme Manager 1000 Lives Plus
- John Welch Nurse Consultant – Critical Care University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust & Member National Early Warning Score Development and Implementation Group (NEWSDIG)
- Dr Katherine Fawcett Consultant Acute Physician and HDU Northwick Park Hospital
- Dr Richard Breeze Consultant Intensivist and Anaesthetist Clinical Director of Critical Care Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust
£300 + VAT (£360.00) for voluntary sector / charities.
£365 + VAT (£438.00) for NHS, Social care, private healthcare organisations and universities.
£495 + VAT (£594.00) for commercial organisations.
The fee includes lunch, refreshments and a copy of the conference handbook. VAT at 20%
For further information regarding this event, click here.