The General Election failed to return a single party government, and the UK now has a hung Parliament. Over the coming days, negotiations will take place between political parties to try and create some form of coalition government with a working majority. Whatever the make up of that government, negotiating the terms of Britain’s exit from the European Union will obviously occupy the lion’s share of parliamentary time and energy for the foreseeable future..
This half day event will give a unique opportunity to take stock of the implications for the MedTech sector.
Join a group of leading legal, regulatory and policy experts, in an intimate setting, to discuss how the election result will affect Brexit, what are the facts of the situation as we now know them? What has been the political reaction on either side of the channel? What policies might we expect to see for the NHS? How should your business plan for the future?
This will be an interactive session, run in “Question Time” style, with the opportunity to contribute before, during and after the event.
- Charles Mayo– Partner, Corporate Team – Simmons & Simmons
- Alison Dennis, Partner and Head of Life Sciences & Healthcare – Fieldfisher LLP
- Paul Bristow, Managing Director & Founder – PB Consulting
- Steve Bridges, Independent European policy analyst
- Sarah Collen, Senior Policy Manager – NHS European Office
- Mark Dayan, Policy & Public Affairs Analyst – Nuffield Trust
- £100 +VAT pp for ABHI Members
- £150 +VAT pp for Non-Members
The programme outline for the day will include:
- 10.30 Registration & Coffee
- 11.00 Panel of Experts
- 13.00 Networking Lunch
- 14.00 Event Close