The RCN Education committee hold an annual 2 day international conference in March – this conference provides a supportive environment for nurse educators from across the UK and the globe to meet with other like-minded professionals. Here they will learn about the latest developments within the academic and practice setting, explore the work of the RCN in shaping the future of nursing education and practice and share their experiences of what’s happening in their area.
The conference is aimed at all nurses and allied healthcare professionals involved in educating students and practicing nurses and HCSW’s including academic and practice setting and covers all areas of nursing including acute, primary and community care.
The next conference will take place on 21-22 March 2017 in Cardiff and there is a call for abstracts for the conference which is now live and runs to midnight on Monday 17th October 2017.
Further information can be found online at: https://www.rcn.org.uk/news-and-events/events/rcn-education-forum-international-conference-and-exhibition-2017
Please forward these details on to all those you feel may be interested in attending or presenting at this conference.
Submit your abstract
Calling all nurse educators: do you have an innovative project, cutting edge initiative or piece of contemporary research to share with the nursing community.
By submitting your abstract you can share knowledge on latest developments within the academic and practice setting, reflect and build on your work and meet like-minded professionals shaping the future of nursing education and practice.
Benefits of presenting your abstract include:
- Have your research recognised by your peers and receive constructive review
- Demonstrate your initiative and commitment to the future of nurse education
- A learning opportunity to develop your communication and presenting skills
- Accrue up to 14 hours of CPD at the conference
- An excellent opportunity for networking, expanding your knowledge and promoting your work within the UK and around the globe
Abstract submissions will close at midnight on Monday 17th October 2016 For further details on abstract themes and how to submit visit www.rcn.org.uk/events and search ‘global perspective’
Programme now announced – download programme
Conference fees: (incl. VAT): RCN member: £300 Non-member: £440
Benefits of attending
- accrue over 15 hours of CPD
- discover the latest developments and research in the field of nursing education
- hear from colleagues on their projects. Reflect on their findings and explore how you can use this knowledge to improve your practice.
- attend themed sessions, conveyed by expert facilitators, participate and contribute to the discussions and debate.
- use this opportunity to network with your peers, mentor and support colleagues and showcase the work of your employer
- use the opportunity to ask the RCN those questions you want answers to.
Who should attend
This conference is designed to support all healthcare educators from around the UK and the globe in the clinical and professional setting.
This includes those working in NHS, private and voluntary sectors, universities and colleges. Students and those wishing to pursue a career in nursing education are also warmly encouraged to attend.