Date: 28/05/2020 |
Time: 13:00 - 14:00
Location: Webinar (multiple dates available)
Organised by: West of England AHSN
We know that whilst you are busy doing great work in care homes, it can be really challenging to keep up with new guidance, especially now. Often you are left to figure out on your own how to turn this into practice in your home.
You want to keep your residents safe and healthy. Research has shown that spotting when someone is unwell can be particularly difficult in a care home setting, and sadly this means opportunities to help people at an early stage may be missed. Particularly now, with concerns of COVID-19, we all want to make sure that any illness or cause of deterioration is spotted quickly, so people can get the right care for them.
We would like to help make it easy for you. As an NHS organisation who works with both health and social care, we can offer you:
- Free, bite-sized training, an opportunity to ask questions and share with your peers.
- You will leave with practical next steps and more confidence in supporting your residents and your team.
Each session is:
- 1hr with optional Q&A session afterwards
- Up-to-date with emerging guidance and good practice;
- Interactive with livestreamed learning;
- Includes short-quality assured videos made specially for the care home sector;
- Plus plenty of wrap around support to answer your questions and concerns.
- All training materials are provided and videos are freely available for you to use in your own home.
- Why not check out our most popular video, an introduction to sepsis and serious illness
As the COVID-19 response escalates, the training package will also be helpful to care home staff who may be required to provide ongoing or additional support to their residents who may or may not have experienced the infection.
Who is this training for?
- All settings: nursing homes, residential homes, independent supported living and day activity services, as well as care home support teams.
- All residents: including older people and people with learning disabilities, mental health conditions, or autism.
- All staff: You do not need to be a registered professional to attend the training.
What will I learn?
RESTORE2TM is an award-winning physical deterioration and escalation package designed specifically for residential and nursing homes. It can also be used in the domiciliary care sector.
The training focuses on recognising “Soft Signs” of deterioration, monitoring vital signs using the standardised NEWS2 tool, responding to and escalating concerns through a structured communication tool (SBARD) to assist care staff “get their message across” every time in order to “get the right help”.
The package also includes training and support to improve the use and accessibility of Treatment Escalation Plans (TEP) in relation to appropriate decision-making over emergency admission, ventilation and inotropic support.
RESTORE2TM was developed by West Hampshire CCG and the Wessex Patient Safety Collaborative, and is being rolled out in other areas across the country. RESTORE2TM is available in a full version, where equipment is available to monitor pulse oximetry, blood pressure, and temperature, and a new RESTORE2 miniTM version which is designed to be used anywhere, without the need for special equipment. Both versions have been designed and tested together with homes, so they are relevant for your needs.
Dates and times
Each training session is 1hr long with an optional Q&A session after. Below are a list of dates and times the online training session will be taking place.
|07 May 2020||13:00 – 14:00|
|12 May 2020||13:00 – 14:00|
|14 May 2020||13:00 – 14:00|
|19 May 2020||11:30 – 12:30|
|21 May 2020||13:00 – 14:00|
|26 May 2020||13:00 – 14:00|
|28 May 2020||11:30 – 12:30|
|02 June 2020||11:30 – 12:30|
|04 June 2020||13:00 – 14:00|
|09 June 2020||13:00 – 14:00|
|11 June 2020||11:30 – 12:30|
How do i join the online training?
To access the online training you’ll need to download Zoom onto your computer. Go to Zoom.us and install the software onto your computer. Once installed we’ll provide you with a link to access the online training.
Can’t make any of the sessions?
If none of the training times work for you, please get in touch and we’ll let you know when more sessions are available.