02/02/2017|Time: 14:30 - 22:00
Location: Mercure Bristol Grand Hotel, Bond Street, Bristol, BS1 2EL
Organised by: Medilink South West
Last year’s event welcomed over 100 delegates and this year is going to be even bigger and better! This is a great opportunity to hear how others are addressing the challenges of the sector.
Key highlights will include: address from Dr Ian Campbell, Director of Health & Life Science at Innovate UK, valuable insight from experts, networking plus a celebration of the South West’s ongoing commitment to world-class quality and excellence.
At the afternoon conference you can choose to attend two of four workshops on the topics of food and nutrition, health and safety, product design and bringing a product to market offer the latest insights from industry experts. Take advantage and gain the knowledge for success!
Join the celebration at the Awards Dinner with five awards across industry and NHS categories, the awards will celebrate the best in the sector covering medical technologies, healthcare and related life sciences right across the region. This is an excellent chance to promote your business to a global audience. The winners of this year’s awards will automatically go through to the grand final Medilink Awards UK in April 2017.
To download the application forms – please click here
To register for the event please click here
The afternoon kicks off with expert led workshop sessions followed by a keynote address from Dr Ian Campbell, Director of Health & Life Science at Innovate UK.
Each workshop will provide information and suggestions for your business to succeed in the following areas:
- Designing nutritious food and drink – what to consider by Emma Hanby, Campden BRI
- Making a difference with design by Nigel Harris, Designability
- Bringing a Medical Device to the market place by Micah Atkin, Device Scope & MiniFAB
- An Introduction to H&S for SMEs by Nigel Silman, Public Health England
Dr Ian Campbell, Director of Health & Life Science at Innovate UK will talk about how Innovate UK is helping to shape the future of UK health and the life sciences.
14:30 – Registration, networking & refreshments
15:00 – Welcome from Professor Richard Luxton, Chair of Medilink South West
15:15 – Workshop session 1 – you may choose to attend one of the four following workshops
• Designing nutritious food and drink – what to consider by Emma Hanby, Campden BRI
• Making a difference with design by Nigel Harris, Designability
• Bringing a Medical Device to the market place by Micah Atkin, Device Scope & MiniFAB
• An Introduction to H&S for SMEs by Nigel Silman, Public Health England
16:00 – refreshment break
16:15 – Workshop session 2 (you may choose to attend another one of the four workshops that are taking place)
17:00 – keynote speaker – Ian Campbell, Director of Health and Life Sciences at Innovate UK
17:30 – networking & people arriving for the dinner
18:00 – dinner
19:30 – awards, after dinner speaker Dr Phil Hammond will host the awards ceremony