The introductory sessions will be delivered with support from the AHSN Academy.
The interactive sessions will be an opportunity for small group discussion and sharing your thoughts and experiences.
The session will cover 2 days, and will be for 2hrs each, starting at 9:30-11:30am.
- Delegates will only be required to attend one session,
- Session 1 – 20th & 21 October, OR, Session 2 – 18-19 November
- Both sessions will cover day 1 and day 2 of the below.
- If you’d prefer to attend just one day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The objectives for the online sessions are:
Day 1 : Introduction to coaching skills online session
- What coaching is, when to use it and be able to identify opportunities in their daily work to develop and use this skill
- The benefits to individuals, teams and organisations of taking an appropriate coaching response in the workplace
- Fundamental knowledge and skills of coaching
- An introduction to the GROW model
Day 2 : Introduction to the non-technical skills of Human Factors
- Definitions and background to HF in the NHS
- Organisational and human factors that impact on error
- Team working and avoiding risk when possible
- Situational awareness
- Personal accountability and responsibility