The West of England Academy is hosting a two-day improvement coaching programme on 9 and 10 May 2022. The programme is free and will be held at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol North. The programme will give delegates knowledge of coaching models that can be used to provide direction, motivation and support to colleagues who are in the planning of improvement projects.
Face to face learning will be held on each date from 9:30am to 16:30pm, with delegates attending both days. Refreshments will be provided.
The first day’s learning focus on coaching with the second exploring human factors. The programme will be led by experienced facilitator Sue Mellor of SMM Coaching & Consultancy Ltd. Learning will be interactive and informative through a balance of small group work, discussions, teaching and self-reflection.
Who should attend?
Delegates are likely to be health and care managers who will be supporting colleagues through change/improvement projects.
The course will:
- Introduce the basic theories underpinning coaching methodology for healthcare professionals.
- Provide delegates with the opportunity to practice coaching models and to receive feedback.
- Introduce the concepts behind human factors and outline the importance for human factors training.
- Provide delegates with the opportunity to practice activities that support human factors.
After attending the programme:
- Delegates will feel equipped with an introductory understanding of coaching and human factors theories and models.
- Delegates will increase in confidence to support colleagues through improvement projects with coaching approaches informed by human factors
If you are interested in attending the programme, please ensure you can attend both dates.
COVID secure measures will be in place at the venue, with additional information shared with delegates one week prior to learning.
The West of England Academy offers a wide range of free resources to healthcare professionals and innovators across the region. To find out more, visit our website or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe all our events should be open to everyone. That’s why we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all. Our code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behaviour at our events, both virtual and in-person. It also explains the steps we will take if participants behave in an unacceptable way.
By registering to attend our events you are agreeing to our Code of Conduct, which can be found here.