People working in health care are passionate, hard working and dedicated to the needs of their patients – this is what makes them fizz! But too often the pressures and the limitations are overwhelming and the fizz goes flat.
As one of the presenters, Dave Sweeney from Halton says, “We need to put the fizz back into commissioning.” He is one of four leaders of outstanding and award winning CCGs sharing their brand of fizz, along with evaluation guru Dr Peter Brindle on how we know we are commissioning best practice.
The event is organised by the Innovation Agency, the AHSN for the North West Coast, in partnership with Fylde & Wyre CCG.
A brief order of the afternoon is as follows:
- 12.00 Networking lunch
- Introduction by Dr Tony Naughton, CCO of Fylde & Wyre CCG
- Presentations from: Halton; Fylde & Wyre; East Lancs; and High Weald CCGs
- What impresses award judges; how the Innovation Agency can support CCGs by Dr Liz Mear, CEO of Innovation Agency
- Evidence-based practice by Peter Brindle, Medical Director of West of England AHSN
- 4.30pm: networking over refreshments
Who should attend
Senior health and care staff with a keen interest in innovative commissioning.