03/10/2019|Time: 09:00 - 17:00
Location: The Village Hotel, Swindon
Organised by: West of England AHSN and SETSquared
Tel: 07789 921974
Applications for this programme closed on Sunday 11 August
An intensive, fully-funded, four-day personal development course, our Health Innovation Programme has been running since 2015, delivering high quality coaching, mentoring and personal development support.
The next round of the programme will run on the 3rd, 4th, 7th & 11th October in The Village Hotel, Swindon. .
Who can apply?
We are looking for people working in the West of England with innovative business propositions that have real potential for health and care. This could be a product or service already in development or simply the germ of an idea but the concept must be realisable into a sustainable business model/proposition and you will need to be genuinely passionate about taking your proposition forward.
To be eligible you need to be one of the following:
- a healthcare professional or academic employed by one of the West of England AHSN’s member organisations (NHS providers, CCGs and universities);
- a public contributor involved in one of our member organisations;
- or a Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) or micro-business.
Read the candidate selection criteria here.
What does the course cover?
You will have the opportunity to build core skills in entrepreneurship, including:
- customer analysis
- building a business case
- funding strategies
- market analysis.
The course will provide:
- an opportunity to make a compelling pitch to an experienced panel
- a great way to network with like-minded innovators
- a friendly environment to try-out your ideas
- a chance to get continuing support from us to further develop your proposition.
Who are the course tutors?
The course has been designed in partnership with Wessex AHSN and will be led by the West of England AHSN, supported by SETsquared.
As a network organisation bringing together the health and care sector with industry and academia, the West of England AHSN specialises in helping innovators navigate their way through the complexity of the NHS.
SETsquared has extensive experience in delivering training in entrepreneurship and small business incubation.
If you’ve got any other questions, please get in touch with Rosie Brown at Rosie.Brown@weahsn.net or call 0117 984 1547.