This session is particularly aimed at Community Pharmacy to support Community Pharmacists refresh their knowledge and to get the best from the increase in eRD anticipated due to this and other current initiatives.
As part of resilience efforts around COVID-19, NHS England have encouraged practices to optimise the benefits of Electronic Prescription Services (EPS) in two key ways:
• Switching patients still receiving paper prescriptions to EPS.
• Utilising electronic repeat dispensing (eRD) for suitable patients.
Increasing eRD will have the following benefits:
- Reducing footfall to the GP practice and to the community pharmacy, supporting social distancing in the current operating environment.
- Improving operational flow in Community Pharmacy
- Eases Community workforce pressures around ordering including managed repeat processes
- Reducing workload for prescribers allowing better prioritisation of resources.
- Controlled management of the supply chain reducing the number of temporarily unavailable medicines.
- Facilitation of joint working supporting patients through effective care plan delivery
- eRD allows the prescriber to authorise and issue a batch of repeatable prescriptions for up to 12 months with just one digital signature. A quick guide for prescribers explaining the system can be found here.
Who is this for?
- General Practice: Doctors, Nurse Prescribers, Specialist Prescribers, Practice managers, Practice Pharmacists, Prescription Clerk, PCN Pharmacists, Community Pharmacists
- Free, bite-sized learning series delivered by webinar with opportunities to ask questions and share with your peers.
- Guidance to resources to help you implement eRD within your area of work
- Interactive with live streamed learning and an Q&A opportunities
- Up-to-date with emerging guidance and good practice
- Maximum 1 hour in duration
How do I join the online training?
To access the online training simply click on the MS Teams link within the Outlook invitation that will be sent to you before the training starts.
The sessions will be recorded to allow the sessions to be used as a resource to support eRD uptake across the South West and Midlands Region. Please contact us email@example.com if you would like to discuss this, and we’ll attempt to accommodate your privacy on an individual basis.
An agenda will follow shortly.