We are pleased to share that booking is now open for our April Assisted Living Action Network (ALAN) event in Bristol.
This networking evening focuses on issues of connectivity for monitoring in the home. Our speakers will set the scene and explore the issues with home monitoring, as well as offering possible solutions. They will be answering some of the big questions:
- What kind of sensors can people have in their home? They may be physical sensors, movement sensors or even diagnostic devices for health monitoring, connected to the wider world.
- What are the issues with collecting data from the sensors?
- How can they securely send the information to the web for analysis and use?
Schedule for the event:
6.00pm: Drinks and refreshments
6.30pm: Talks will begin and will include:
- Simon Allen, Strategic Lead (Safeguarding and Social Care) from Sirona Care & Health will set the scene for the need of monitoring in the home.
- Russ Cole, Chairman of the ESL Group, will present technology for integrating sensor outputs and securely sending data to the web.
- An update on the Sphere project being run by University of Bristol which is focused on developing and understanding technology that is acceptable in people’s homes and solves real healthcare problems in a cost effective way.
8.00pm: Drinks and networking to follow talks, with an opportunity to see some of the ESL technology in the Health Technology Hub.