The West of England AHSN plays an important role in stimulating, shaping, evaluating and spreading innovative healthcare solutions to improve patient care in the region.
We work with Subject Matters Experts to help us both identify and articulate the gaps, needs and challenges facing our health and care systems and provide constructive feedback on new and potential products and programmes of work.
These experts are primarily drawn from across the region and include health and social care professionals with expertise and experience in specific clinical and service areas, as well as researchers and academics.
Join our Subject Matter Experts
If you would like to use your knowledge and experience to support and influence the introduction of innovation into the NHS, we would love to hear from you.
Simply send an email outlining your background and expertise and any particular areas of interest around innovation and improvement and healthcare to Urszula Kapoulas at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch.
What’s in it for you?
Our Subject Matter Experts enjoy a number of benefits through engaging in our work, such as:
- the opportunity to comment on and influence the development and use of innovation in the NHS and social care;
- the potential to develop connections between researchers/academics and clinicians;
- support for continuing professional development (CPD) – we can offer evidence of engagement for CPD purposes;
- the opportunity to learn more about innovation and improvement through our West of England Academy;
- receiving regular updates through our newsletters, conferences and workshops.
Specific benefits for academic Subject Matter Experts
- the opportunity to collaborate with local businesses to increase your research impact and build your subject matter knowledge.
Specific benefits for industry Subject Matter Experts
- the opportunity to network with relevant academics in your field to maintain and enhance your expertise.