This section of useful resources and reading has been gathered for Improvement Coaches and will be continually updated.
- Top ten from the Health Foundation
Here are ten of the Health Foundation’s best resources to support senior leaders to take practical steps towards building an organisation-wide approach to continually improving safety and making improved safety a reality.
- A perfect storm: an impossible climate for NHS providers’ finances?
This report was published by the Health Foundation in March 2016 and provides a useful summary of the financial challenges facing the NHS, with a call for more centralised practical support to realise productivity savings and ease economic pressures.
- Quality Improvement Made Simple
- The Habits of an Improver
- Overcoming Challenges to Improve Quality
- Building Foundations for Improvement
- Safer Healthcare Strategies for the Real World
- Human Factors – How to Guide
- Clinical Human Factors and Ergonomics – presentation by Professor Jane Reid
- Clinical Human Factors and Patient Safety Further Reading
- Evaluation – What to Consider
- Safer Clinical Systems – Evaluation Findings
- A Practical Guide to Self Management Support
- Empowering staff to deliver continuous quality improvement as a routine
- Quality improvement: which tools and techniques to use in practice
For further information or to suggest additional resources, please contact Dave Evans at email@example.com.