Innovation is at the heart of our mission to deliver a modern, constantly improving healthcare system for the West of England.
We help accelerate the generation and adoption of new innovations by:
- enabling collaborations between businesses with new solutions; our health service providers who want to exploit opportunities for improvement or address key challenges; and Universities, who can provide the research base that underpins new technological developments
- encouraging business to business partnerships that could make a real difference to our healthcare in the region
- facilitating funding to support feasibility studies, product development and evaluation
- involving patients and the public in the innovation process so that new services and products introduced in the future are user-led
- supporting businesses and healthcare professionals on how to bring new ideas successfully to the healthcare market.
Watch this short animation to find out more…
Innovation in action:
- £6m investment secured for joint development of innovative solutions between the region’s health services and industry
- Brought together 500+ people to discuss key healthcare priorities at networking events
- 14 collaboration projects have begun between health service providers, universities and industry
- Over 120 companies received assistance from us in developing their healthcare ideas