As part of the evaluation and embedding phases of your Human Factors training programme, you can use a safety climate questionnaire in order to carry out a follow-up survey.
The safety climate questionnaire has been adapted from the Royal College of General Practice Patient Safety toolkit and SafeQuest questionnaire developed by NHS Education for Scotland.
- Agree in the project team who should complete the survey i.e. which team of staff are you surveying. How many people are in the team?
- Agree how you will distribute the survey, i.e. by email, hard copy, handed out at team meetings, available in team meeting rooms.
- Agree when you will collect survey data between.
- Agree who is responsible for collating data received from the survey.
- Distribute survey questionnaires.
Completing the survey
- Once you have results back, add these to the safety climate results document (tab “data”).
- Distribute the output report (tab “report”) to your team.
- Review the outcome and actions (sample meeting agenda).
- Share a summary of results with all members of the team who have completed it.
- Consider repeating the survey after a suitable period of time in order to assess any change.